If you or your business is being investigated or prosecuted for regulatory breaches and/or environmental damage or pollution, the impact on your business and personal life can be devastating.
Criminal prosecutions take place either in the Magistrates or Crown Court and being found guilty can lead to substantial fines or even imprisonment for those involved.
By acting quickly you could reduce the financial impact and limit any damage to the reputation of your business and yourself.
How we can help you
We can guide you through a very complicated area of law, giving you the right advice when you need it most.
Your case will be led by a QC, Barrister or Solicitor-Advocate, so you can be confident that you are in expert hands.
- We will listen to you and advise you accordingly.
- We will initiate dialogue with the Regulatory body or local authority and make representations to them in respect of your matter when appropriate. It may be that they subsequently decide that no further action is necessary, particularly if every effort to prevent future breaches has been made.
- Should it become necessary, we can use industry recognised experts to assess the harm done by the breach.
- We will attend the PACE interview with you should one take place, and give you the right advice.
- If the matter proceeds to court, we will prepare your case, advise you and represent you. As your case will be led by a QC, Barrister or Solicitor-Advocate, you can be confident that you are in expert hands.
- We will maintain your confidentiality at all times. We understand the impact being accused of an offence of this nature can have on you and your business.
It is never too early to take legal advice but sometimes it can be too late. Call us now on 01223 632420 and let’s see how we can help.