Formed in 2014, at Libra Solicitors we have established a reputation for providing our clients with clear, practical, legal advice that they can trust. Whilst we continue to advertise the services we provide, we believe that it is our reputation that drives our business forward.
We understand the importance of listening before we advise and our ‘client first’ approach continues to allow us to provide excellent client care and standards of service Our focus is on providing each of our clients with the advice and representation they need to properly deal with the issues and objectives that concern them.
Whether we are representing our clients at court, helping them implement regulatory guidelines or advising them in respect of a criminal investigation, we are committed to using our expertise to their benefit. We believe that our clients should not accept anything less.
For a confidential discussion about the issues that may be concerning you call us on 01223 632420 and arrange an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
At the heart of our law firm are our core values and we promise each of our clients that we will:
- Put their interests first and provide expert representation whenever we are instructed.
- Listen to their concerns and what they have to say about the issues involved.
- Advise them about the relevant law and procedures in a clear and uncomplicated manner.
- Where appropriate, conduct a thorough review of all of the available evidence and give them expert advice on the merits of their case.
- Provide them with support and guidance throughout their instruction, explaining the overall strategy to be employed, and the tactics we will use to achieve their objectives.
- Never incur disbursements without their express permission. If we believe a disbursement needs to be incurred, we will explain why it is important so they can make an informed decision.
- Advise them if we believe a specialist in a particular field, for example, a digital forensic expert, may be required. We will of course, advise them of the cost to them of instructing such an expert.
- Keep their instruction confidential at all times, unless otherwise specifically instructed.
- In cases involving civil or criminal litigation, take a detailed statement from them and where possible, obtain witness statements.
- If necessary, advise the police, court and Crown Prosecution Service or regulatory body that we represent them.
- In respect of our legal fees, only charge them what has already been agreed.
- Keep them regularly updated either in person, by email or letter, or by telephone.
- Respond to their letters, emails and telephone calls promptly.
- Meticulously examine the issues involved in their instruction and advise them accordingly.