Terms & Conditions of website use
Please take the time to read the following terms and conditions carefully.
These T & C’s were last reviewed on 29/08/19.
1. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should immediately stop using this website. Continuing to use this website, will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and of both our privacy and cookie policies.
2. These terms and conditions (T & C’s) apply to the use of our (Libra Solicitors) website. In what capacity and for whatever reason the use occurs does not matter, as these T & C’s apply equally to all parties.
3. The laws of England & Wales shall be applied to any interpretation of these T & Cs and any disputes that arise out of these T & C‘s, will be subject only to the legal jurisdiction of England and Wales.
4. You accept that if these T & C’s conflict with any other statement on this website including our cookies and privacy statement, these terms and conditions will prevail.
5. If any term or condition is determined to be unenforceable, you agree that the remainder of these T & C’s still apply.
6. You accept that if you breach any of these T &C’s, you could be banned from using this website and you agree to make good any and all losses that we suffer directly or indirectly as a result of you breaching these T & C’s.
7. You agree that we have the right not to seek redress or impose a ban if a breach occurs and that the exercising of this right does not exclude us from taking action in respect of other breaches that you may have committed.
We may make changes
Copyright & Intellectual Property
10. This website was created by Digital studios on commission by ourselves, Libra Solicitors. Aspects of this website have been used under licence and with the necessary permissions, for example, the photographs that are on our web pages. Except for those aspects that are used under licence or with permission, all Intellectual property rights or copyright that arise specifically out of the creation of this website are owned by Libra solicitors. This includes but is not limited to text content material, website design, structure of html code and graphics.
11. This website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, disseminated or distributed in any way without our, ( Libra Solicitors) express, advance, written consent. All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners.
12. On every page of this website the text content contained in this website is provided for your general information only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon, or be treated as legal advice at any time.
Please note: The content in this website does not and cannot create a solicitor – client relationship. If you require legal advice, we suggest that you consult a lawyer or other legally trained professional directly.
13. The photographs used in the website, are for illustrative representation and do not necessarily depict real situations.
14. Whilst we are diligent in our approach in checking that text content contained within our website is correct, complete and up to date, we make no representations or guarantees that it is. Mistakes can occur and the text content may very well be incomplete, incorrect or out of date and should not be relied upon at any time.
15. We shall not be liable to you or any third party, for any direct or indirect damage or consequential loss or other damage incurred, or any actual loss of profits suffered, or any anticipated loss of profits, or any costs incurred, as a result of a reliance being placed on the content contained within this website, regardless of whether the content was complete or incomplete, correct or incorrect, up to date, or out of date.
We do not however exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or losses caused to you or any third party because of fraudulent misrepresentation.
Website availability & issues
16. We aim to ensure that this website is secure and is available to visit all day, every day, but we do not guarantee that it is secure or will always be available. We also reserve the right to take this website off line at short notice, as we may for example, need to carry out maintenance, or to install new pages.
17. We do not guarantee that when the website is available to visit it will be free from mistakes. Whilst we will make every effort to check the website for mistakes and correct them, we do not guarantee that any mistakes that do exist will be fixed.
18. We shall not be liable to you or any third party, for any direct or indirect damage or consequential loss or other damage incurred, or any actual loss of profits suffered, or any anticipated loss of profits, or any costs incurred, as a result this website site being unavailable to be viewed.
19. Whilst we do check for viruses, we make no guarantee that this website any e-mails we send or receive in respect of our own e-mail addresses are virus free. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party, for any direct or indirect damage or consequential loss or other damage incurred, or any actual loss of profits suffered, or any anticipated loss of profits, or any costs incurred, as a result of your own, or another device being connected to this website, regardless of the reason why or how the damage was caused.
20. We do not however exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or losses caused to you or any third party because of fraudulent misrepresentation.
21. You agree to only visit this website for legitimate purposes and you agree not to carry out any action that would prevent or inhibit other members of the public from using this website.
We also draw your attention to the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and ask you to consider its provisions. Breaching its provisions may be a criminal offence. Should we become aware that a breach of its provisions has taken place in respect of our website itself, any supporting servers, website database or associated computers, we will consider taking remedial action and reporting the matter to the appropriate authorities.
Links to and from our website
22. This website contains links to other websites over which we do not have control and which are not operated by Libra Solicitors.
However, we do not accept any liability whatsoever or responsibility for the content, policies, data management, or general management or operation of any ‘third party’ website to whom we provided a link, or who may have provided a link to our website. We also make no guarantee that any website you visit through such a link, is secure, virus free, reliable or trustworthy.
23. You accept that you do not have to use any of the links on this website and that a link to another website or resource from this website is not an endorsement by us of that website. Should you decide to visit another website through a link on this website, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
24. There are also websites that link to this website. We have no control over them and they are not operated by ourselves and we take no responsibility for their website content and make no guarantee that they are secure, reliable, or trustworthy websites.
25. You accept that we are not liable for any data breach or any costs that are incurred in rectifying issues that arise, or for any loss or damage of any kind, whether it be consequential, indirect or any other type of damage caused to you or any third party, as a result of your using a link as described in points 23 and 24.
26.You accept that no third party rights in respect of this website are created by linking to or from this website.
27. Should you wish to link another website to this website, you accept that you must ask our permission, so please contact us.
If you have any questions about these T & C’s please contact the data protection officer either by e-mail, at email@example.com or write to: the data protection officer, Libra Solicitors, 68 Victoria Road, Cambridge CB4 3DY.